Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Get Lucky in Kentucky, Day 1: The Journey Begins

My bags are packed, my bridge notes are in my purse, and Amadeus has food, water, a clean litter box, and directions for his babysitter. Julie will be here in a few minutes and our drive to Louisville for our first major tournament, the Spring NABC, will begin!

We have, of course, thoroughly discussed the schedule and consulted with more experienced tournament goers. While we lust after gold, a more immediate issue is our need to amass points. Therefore, instead of playing in open games where we could get gold but have little to no chance of placing, we will be playing in non-life master games where we have a (good?) chance of doing well but the awards are not gold.

So I have decided to wear gold instead--I have gold rings on my fingers, gold hoops in my ears, a gold band around my wrist, and a gold chain with gold trinkets hanging from my neck.

Julie is here...stayed tuned for an entry later today detailing our adventures on the road!

A side note to my non-bridge playing readers: Unfortunately, gold refers to the kind of points players receive, not to the precious metal. If the opposite were true, we would be playing in the open regardless of our chances!!

No comments:

Post a Comment