Thursday, July 12, 2012

On the Road

Stop #1: About a third of the way to Philly we stopped for a stretch and something to eat. We followed truck drivers to their hangout - friendly folk here. As you can see, Julie is the designated map pointer. Good progress so far.


Stop #2: Even though the temperature was approaching 90 degrees, we felt the need to stop for hot coffee. I ordered my favorite Starbucks treat, mocha with skim milk, no whipped cream. "I'll have exactly the same!" Julie stated. As we walked away, she asked me how we knew these were decaf. "What? They're not," I said. "I never order decaf." (As I write this as 11:40 pm, Julie is jumping around the room.)

Julie's Report on Conversation on the Road:
So Margaret does not love to travel long distances by car, so my job was to help her relax and enjoy the journey. So I had to think of games that would engage her. We tried the alphabet game, but that wasn't going to work. So then we went to "who would u most like to play bridge with at the bridge center" which led us to other questions which Margaret told me I could ask but not write about in this blog. (too bad I can't share them with u because they were really "good" questions. (ask me about them when I get home!!!)

After that I decided we should talk about recent movies that I have seen (which included To Rome With Love. So Margaret asked "wasn't this about retirees?" I said, "Yes, it was about one couple that retired and a barrister that retired." I quoted a poignant statement at the end of the movie, which was "In the end, everything will be okay. And if it's not okay, it's not the end." So after much discussion about the character development in this movie, which took place in India, Margaret asked, "Why was the name of the movie To Rome with Love when it took place in India?" At which point I had a blinding flash of the obvious: I had confused To Rome with Love with another movie I had seen, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. OMG, pray for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment