Wednesday, April 19, 2017

The Party

Last night after the evening session, Tom and his condo-mates hosted a pizza and beer party. Lee and I  were the first to arrive (surprise surprise) and Sharron warmly welcomed us.  While we waited for Tom to arrive with the pizza, Dixie came back from bridge and guests started to filter in.  But where were Julie, Dee, Barb, and Cristi? They were staying in the same condo and said they would be there. Also MIA were Gary and Herm. Where were they?

After awhile there was a knock on the door and Cristi came in. After greeting her, I asked where everyone else was.

"We didn't know the condo number, and no one was answering their phones." Cristi eyed me accusingly.

"Oops.  It's  still turned off from the tournament. Hey, how did you find us?"

"I was really hungry and knew you all (pronounced yawl) were on the second floor, so I came down the stairs and started looking in windows.  I caught a glimpse of someone I thought was Tom so I  knocked."

Soon Julie, Dee, and Barb also came down, but where were Gary and Herm?  Tom put an empty pizza box outside the door to help them locate us, or perhaps to lure them in.

Then all of a sudden, in a flash of commotion, there they were looking disheveled and distraught. "Where have you been?" we cried.   "We were lost on the trolley!" they moaned.  As they explained what happened, it began to sound like that Twilight Zone episode where a couple of people get on a train to escape a creepy town but the train just keeps going in circles.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment