Monday, April 17, 2017

Gatlinburg: Year II

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..." I am echoing Peter, Paul and Mary this morning as I prepare for my second trip to the Gatlinburg tournament. My bags are indeed packed, but instead of getting ready for the long drive I feel the need to chronicle this event. And to drink coffee.

Amadeus is watching me suspiciously (he has noticed the suitcase in the living room), while Athena appears oblivious. My helpful neighbor will be coming over daily to feed  and water them, and to keep them company. She says they appear for their treat and then they ignore her.

Several people from the Grand Rapids club are already at the tournament, presumably gearing up for the first game. Julie and I were texting for a while during her groups' drive (they were approaching Cincinnati at the time). When I reported that I had just killed an ugly spider, she told me to find something to do. I haven't heard from her since.

This year I'm partnering with Lee. We don't have a team for knockouts, but hopefully something will come together. Our plans for the drive include chit chat, bridge talk, audio books, and music. I'm thinking there will also be snacks involved. Oh, and did you know that AAA still does trip tiks?? Yes, we will be navigating the old fashioned way, using paper maps!

Enough procrastinating, Lee will be here soon so I need to get ready. Next time you hear from me I'll be in Tennessee!!




1 comment:

  1. I hope Lee and you bring home lots of gold. Looking forward to your further posts.

    ReplyDelete