Friday, May 27, 2011

Top 10 List

I wonder...

#10: What did I used to do with all of the time that I now spend playing bridge?

#9: Why do I bid distributional hands fabulously one day and haphazardly a week later?

#8: When there’s a skip, why do I always end up bypassing C players and never A players?

#7: When my game is going relatively well (49%), why are my last round opponents A players who show no mercy?

#6: What are the odds that every time my partner opens a weak two bid, I’m either void in her suit or have one card?

#5: How many times in one game can I make slams that I didn’t bid, and not make slams that I did bid?

#4: How is it possible that in any given game, most of the best players are my opponents and, at the same time, most of the best players are sitting the same direction as me?

#3: When will there be another tournament in Hawaii?

#2: Do A players no longer pepper me with advice because I am bidding and playing better, or because they have given up on me?

#1: Why do people remark in person on my blog but hesitate to leave written comments?

2 comments:

  1. Now Margaret! Some people leave comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I greatly appreciate those comments! But why do so many people have things to say but hesitate to write?

    ReplyDelete