Sunday, May 1, 2011

GR Sectional Day 3, Swiss Team Marathon

I am exhausted! After playing bridge 8 hours a day for the past 3 days, plus dreaming about bridge at night, I feel like a zombie. I am taking the next few days off before playing later this week at the club and then going with a group to Frankfort to play in the tournament there. What a game!

Swiss Teams were a lot of fun. After 4 rounds Julie and I were both feeling good, alert and peppy. Then we ate lunch, and sometime during round 5 we both started fading. The same thing happened after lunch the previous day. I read something in the Bridge Bulletin about a top player who does not allow his partners to eat; he says that you play better hungry. I think there may be some truth to that, although I doubt that I will ever personally test that theory.

Even though we ate lunch and got tired, Julie and I came through for our teammates. We won 4 rounds, tied 1, and lost 2 for a total of 70 points and some silver. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment