Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Top Ten List

This afternoon I played bridge with my brother. He just learned how to play this year, and since I started two years ago I'm the "senior" person in this partnership, even though he's older. Here are the top ten reasons that I play bridge with Ed:

10. He asks me.

9. He's good natured and easy-going.

8. People are tickled when they realize that we're brother and sister, playing as a team.

7. It reminds me of when I first started, and it gives me a boost to realize how much I've learned.

6. He doesn't tell me what I did wrong.

5. I don't have to be diplomatic when I tell him what he did wrong.

4. He says "you're right" when I comment on the bidding or play.

3. Intead of me asking a more experienced player to be my partner so I can learn from the experience, I get to be the "expert" for a change.

2. I can blame him if we get a bad board.

1. No matter how our game ends up, we're rated the #1 brother-sister bridge partnership in Michigan! (Okay, as far as we know, we're the ONLY brother-sister partnership in Michigan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment