Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lansing NLM Tournament

Julie and I drove to Lansing today with a couple of friends to play in the NLM tournament.  We had our best game yet, placing first in north-south!  It was a very nice afternoon, but most of the details escape me at the moment.  One thing that I do remember is that the director called for a 5 minute "hospitality break" in the middle of the session.  That gave people a chance to get up and stretch, get a snack, or catch up on their play if they were behind.  I liked that; I wonder why we don't do that in GR?  

We played mostly defense, which was in our favor because it turns out we are better at that than at offensive play.  Also, even though we went over and over certain conventions and bids that we are trying to incorporate in our game, we did not get to use any of them.  How can we improve if we have so little opportunity to make some types of bids?

No comments:

Post a Comment