Saturday, August 8, 2009

This week I played duplicate bridge with the experienced players rather than with the Newcomers group.  I waved at my friends on the other side of the room and felt quite impressive! One hand was especially memorable, because our opponents went on and on about how well I played it and said that they didn't think anyone could have done better.  I had 7 spades and a short suit, kept bidding spades until my partner finally agreed and went to 4 spades.  Well, she only had one of them, but she was short in a different suit.  Instead of drawing trump, I kept using spades to ruff and in the end I made the contract.  That board was 5 out of 8.  I think the ones that did better were probably in different contracts.  Although my partner and I agreed that for the most part our bidding was on target, we also agreed that we were not aggressive enough.  We never bid with a sacrifice in mind, which apparently is crucial when playing duplicate.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment