Friday, April 15, 2016

Thursday: A Note From Kathy






This is my first regional and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  Sue put this this whole thing together because she knew both Margaret and I needed lots of Gold.  She did a great job of organizing our team.

I started this tournament with 1.08 Gold and 391.25 total points.  I never thought I would get enough gold for my life master in my very first regional tournament.  Here are my totals so far:

·        Monday/Tuesday KO (knockout), took first place 15.31 Gold  (total 16.39)
·        Tuesday/Wednesday morning compact KO, Sue and I played with Karen and Don from the Kalamazoo club.  We placed third with an additional 4.35 Gold (total 20.74)
·        Wednesday Gold Rush, Margaret and I received .54 red but gold
·        Thursday/Friday KO (Margaret, Doug, Sue, Kathy) we won the afternoon and evening sessions so we are guaranteed at least 6.91 for 3rd or 4th place (1st will received 17.28).  Margaret will let you know on Friday where we placed.

That means I have a guaranteed 27.65 GOLD


You would think I would be breaking out the champagne as we did on Tuesday when Margaret received her life master.   Unfortunately we are having to make do with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum because I still need  1.85 Silver. I have to wait until the Grand Rapids Sectional to try to get those silver points.  I will be accepting all gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment