Saturday, September 6, 2014

Cherry Capital Sectional

I don't sleep in tents or on the ground.  I don' t spend the night in trailers on things that come out of the wall. I don't go outside to use the bathroom. I don't camp.

And yet here I am at a YMCA camp on Lake Arbutus outside of Traverse City.  I am here to play bridge, like lots of other people.  But like only a few other intrepid souls, I am also staying on site.  I think you could say that I am camping!

Dee and I are sharing a dorm with another bridge pair. There are probably 20 bunk beds in our room; one end leads into a hallway with a bathroom, including showers (thank goodness!) and the other has a door leading onto a deck with a view of the lake.  Two friends are staying in another dormer and two more lucky players got the private staff room.

This may not sound like we're roughing it, especially since we have staff waiting on us, but we did have to bring our own wine!

Yes, I said I am here with Dee. We both regularly partner with Julie, but Julie is not here. "You couldn't pay me to stay in a dorm!" she declared. So Julie is back in Grand Rapids, communicating via text messages.


Stay tuned for bridge updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment