Friday, July 15, 2011

25% to the GRBC

You may have noticed the appearance of advertisements on this blog. Originally, against the advice of adsense (the company that provides the ads), I placed these solely in the sidebar. This way, I thought, they will be out of the way and I can earn a little revenue at the same time. This flawed reasoning may be indicative of why my bridge career is not proceeding at a faster pace; how can ads be effective if no one notices them?

I am attempting to make corrections in both of these arenas. In terms of bridge, I have returned to my books after a brief hiatus and am again immersed in studying the play of the hand (next book: defense). In terms of ads, I have added one at the end of the current entry.

I have also decided to give back 25% of the ad revenue to the Grand Rapids Bridge Club. Even though this won’t be a huge amount since this is not a big money-making venture, it will hopefully add up to something. Wouldn’t it be great to get those electronic scorers! Or to have our own building! Or to build a children’s wing in a hospital! (I like to dream big.)

So if you feel like it, click away. (Most of the ads do require a click in order to "count".) The ads are ever changing and you may even find something that interests you. In the meantime, it’s back to the books for me.

1 comment: