Friday, February 12, 2010

Today is My Birthday

The words "treat your partner like royalty, don't criticize and always praise..." greeted me as I entered the bridge club yesterday.  The regular Thursday morning lesson was coming to a close with partnership advice.  I found my partner across the room and repeated what I had just heard.  She liked it!

Play went well for us.  Even though we made a few mistakes, since this wasn't the Friday night crowd we placed 3rd in our division.  That's good for beginners, which we still are because we've been playing for less than a year.  

A few people have noticed and commented on the fact that I am not playing bridge tonight; instead, I am going out to celebrate my birthday.  Apparently my obsession with bridge is not (yet) all consuming, as I am on my way out the door for dinner and dancing.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment