Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Blob continues: A Message from Julianne

So we (Dee and me) r playing in Farmington Hills with team Karen and Don in knockouts.  We played in the "New England" knockouts tonight.  I think that means u have to be genteel and not swear at anyone.  Because the one guy who said a naughty word was reprimanded by the director (who danced and sang at the karaoke bar in Gatlinburg) who said, and I quote:  "u may not use that word."  We r still trying to figure what the first letter of that word was.

Back to bridge, we won 3 of 4 matches.  So live on to play another day.  Dee and I had the usual goof ups (remember we can't say certain words in this tournament.). Luckily our opponents out goofed us.

We r missing the late night parties that we like to incorporate into our more sedate times at the bridge table.  So far we have not met any other trouble makers but the week is early.

As far as our accommodations r concerned, my roommate reported we don't have any hot water.  I called the office to report that there is no hot water in our room.  The response from the desk clerk was "who don't u have in your room."  We r currently waiting for Roba (yup that's the name) to show up and bring us hot water.  I'm thinking this is not going to happen.

Oh ya did I mention we r really, really serious bridge players.  "Winning" Sheenish is all we care about.

Over and out.  Still waiting for Roba.  I am guessing tomorrow we will either pass on hygiene or do a versions of that s/s/ and shave.  Fondly, Julianne

2 comments:

  1. I just hope Julie has read the previous blog entry so she knows what you mean!

    ReplyDelete