Friday, April 29, 2011

GR Sectional Day 1, Session 2

I don't have much time this morning before I have to leave for the bridge club, so I will get right to the point--on the plus side, we won three of the four Swiss Team rounds. On the negative side, our afternoon score dropped dramatically after the last round.

As I think about the upcoming day, it occurs to me that there is a lot of fun to be had playing bridge. I love to start new things--when you first learn something new every step is a victory and every successful application is cause for celebration. I love to meet new people, even strange ones--human nature is endlessly fascinating. I love to spend time with friends--there is always something to talk about and to laugh about. All of these are found in duplicate bridge, with the added bonus of competition and cards.

So even though New Year's Day was months ago, here is my Bridge Resolution: To constantly learn new conventions/plays/leads; to seek out and get to know new bridge people; to focus on friendship and not just winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment